Sweetest Little Green Smoothie

This is my new favorite breakfast: Peach/Coconut/Mint Smoothie.  I first had this "Im-PEACH-Mint" smoothie at the Berkeley Whole Foods.  I tweaked it a little to my taste, added a banana, and now I am sharing it with you.


The ingredients:
1.  Coconut Water (or "Juice" it's the same stuff) - I prefer cracking open a real Young Thai Coconut for its water, but the kind in the can works just fine.  One more note: cans are recyclable, asceptic containers - which ONE and Zico coconut water come in - are not.
2.  Frozen (organic) peaches, about 1/2 a bag
3.  Baby Spinach
4.  1 Banana
5.  2 Mint sprigs from the garden (or the grocery store) - rinse the mint, then pinch at the top and slide your fingers down the stem to quickly strip off the leaves

Blend.  Blend very well.  Enjoy.

You could also add plain yogurt for an extra probiotic punch.  When not using yogurt in a smoothie, a banana really helps give it body and creaminess.

Having a green smoothie in the morning controls my food cravings for the whole day.  Like follows like: if you eat sugar and empty carbs in the morning, you will be craving crap all day.  Eat fresh foods, and most importantly something green in the morning, you are much more likely to help yourself to a big green salad at lunch.  Believe me, this is coming from a girl who is still 12 stepping her way away from breakfast bagels.  Another tip - make a HUGE green smoothie so you fill up on it.  I make a quart and sip it all the way to work.





Comments

  1. Wow! That sounds & looks Delicious! Thanks for the tip ¦-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found mint growing in the corner garden I inherited. May try this tomorrow. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mint in a green smoothie. That's a great idea!
    Why didn't we think of that....

    Try our free green smoothie recipes @ LittleGreenSmoothie.com

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts